First time testing my pool EVER!!

May 18, 2013
New 24ft pool put in at the end of last season. Added 5 gallons of bleach and covered it up for the winter (Upstate NY). Did some research over the winter and ordered the Taylor K-2006C kit. pulled the cover off and started running the pump.

Here are my results.
14,400 gallons
65%

FC 0
CC 0
PH 7.6
TA 100
CYA 0....is this possible?

So based on the calculator I added 2 gallons of 6% bleach. Am I on the right track? :roll:

Thanks

Welcome to tfp, BuffaloMark :wave:

BuffaloMark said:
14,400 gallons
I get 12500 assuming 54" wall but really only 48" depth.

BuffaloMark said:
What is this?

BuffaloMark said:
Yes, since you did not put any in (I am assuming) and it would not be in fill water.

BuffaloMark said:
So based on the calculator I added 2 gallons of 6% bleach.
If you water is clear, then I get 57 oz of 6% bleach to get to 3 ppm FC (assuming 0 cya) from poolcalculator.com.

You should start getting some cya in the pool. Shoot for 30 ppm cya to start. Put it in an old sock and place it in front of the return.

linen said:
Welcome to tfp, BuffaloMark :wave:

Sorry, I'm still learning !

BuffaloMark said:
14,400 gallons
I get 12500 assuming 54" wall but really only 48" depth.

You are correct, I calculated it myself using 54 inches not the correct 48"

BuffaloMark said:
What is this?

65 is the Degrees of the water.

BuffaloMark said:
Yes, since you did not put any in (I am assuming) and it would not be in fill water.

BuffaloMark said:
So based on the calculator I added 2 gallons of 6% bleach.
If you water is clear, then I get 57 oz of 6% bleach to get to 3 ppm FC (assuming 0 cya) from poolcalculator.com.

You should start getting some cya in the pool. Shoot for 30 ppm cya to start. Put it in an old sock and place it in front of the return.

Thanks,

Mark

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.