Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: First time testing my pool EVER!!

  1. Back To Top    #1

    First time testing my pool EVER!!

    New 24ft pool put in at the end of last season. Added 5 gallons of bleach and covered it up for the winter (Upstate NY). Did some research over the winter and ordered the Taylor K-2006C kit. pulled the cover off and started running the pump.

    Here are my results.
    14,400 gallons
    65%

    FC 0
    CC 0
    PH 7.6
    TA 100
    CYA 0....is this possible?

    So based on the calculator I added 2 gallons of 6% bleach. Am I on the right track?

    Thanks

  2. Back To Top    #2
    linen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    8,649

    Re: First time testing my pool EVER!!

    Welcome to tfp, BuffaloMark

    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloMark
    14,400 gallons
    I get 12500 assuming 54" wall but really only 48" depth.

    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloMark
    65%
    What is this?

    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloMark
    CYA 0....is this possible?
    Yes, since you did not put any in (I am assuming) and it would not be in fill water.

    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloMark
    So based on the calculator I added 2 gallons of 6% bleach.
    If you water is clear, then I get 57 oz of 6% bleach to get to 3 ppm FC (assuming 0 cya) from poolcalculator.com.

    You should start getting some cya in the pool. Shoot for 30 ppm cya to start. Put it in an old sock and place it in front of the return.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

  3. Back To Top    #3

    Re: First time testing my pool EVER!!

    Quote Originally Posted by linen
    Welcome to tfp, BuffaloMark

    Sorry, I'm still learning !

    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloMark
    14,400 gallons
    I get 12500 assuming 54" wall but really only 48" depth.

    You are correct, I calculated it myself using 54 inches not the correct 48"

    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloMark
    65%
    What is this?

    65 is the Degrees of the water.

    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloMark
    CYA 0....is this possible?
    Yes, since you did not put any in (I am assuming) and it would not be in fill water.

    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloMark
    So based on the calculator I added 2 gallons of 6% bleach.
    If you water is clear, then I get 57 oz of 6% bleach to get to 3 ppm FC (assuming 0 cya) from poolcalculator.com.

    You should start getting some cya in the pool. Shoot for 30 ppm cya to start. Put it in an old sock and place it in front of the return.
    Thanks,

    Mark

  4. Back To Top    #4
    frustratedpoolmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    SWSuburban Chicago, IL
    Posts
    11,965

    Re: First time testing my pool EVER!!

    Mark - I've always used 13,500 as my gallonage and my dosages have been spot on for the most part.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •