Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I couldnt get pressure so i filled my pump basket ...

1. Back To Top    #1

I couldnt get pressure so i filled my pump basket ...

Hi Again, I couldnt get pressure so i filled my pump basket and turned on the pump and it worked, ran it for 2 days, vacuumed, then backwashed, turned off the pump and now when I turn it on, no pressure again. It wont filter. tried filling the pump basket again and it still wont work. I have a Large hayword series filter 50 psi with a a.o.smith 1.5 hp pump.. is it the size of the pump?????

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Openings

vacuumed a lot of worms could they have clogged the pipe

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: I couldnt get pressure so i filled my pump basket ...

With the pump running, are there bubbles in the pump strainer basket or just air?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: I couldnt get pressure so i filled my pump basket ...

Quote Originally Posted by markburley
    Hi Again, I couldnt get pressure so i filled my pump basket and turned on the pump and it worked, ran it for 2 days, vacuumed, then backwashed, turned off the pump and now when I turn it on, no pressure again. It wont filter. tried filling the pump basket again and it still wont work. I have a Large hayword series filter 50 psi with a a.o.smith 1.5 hp pump.. is it the size of the pump?????
    That 50 PSI just jumped out at me. Is that the pressure it was running at, or did you get that off the label?

Also, does the gauge work? Or did it, when it was pumping? What does it say when its off, and did you see what it was running at when it did work?

Not priming means either no water or the impeller isn't spinning. Since it went dry before but worked when you manually filled the basket, I'd start by looking for an air leak on the suction side. Round up the usual suspects: low water level, stuck weir in the skimmer, loose drain plugs on the
    pump, poor seal on the pump strainer basket, and leaks at the fittings, especially any couplings.

[center:qi3xpux1][youtube:qi3xpux1]vtSmfws0_To[/youtube:qi3xpux1][/center:qi3xpux1]
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!