Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Yuck!! Newbie with a green pool.

1. Back To Top    #1

Yuck!! Newbie with a green pool.

Hi y'all! Hope everyone is alright!

I'm writing to ask a silly (stupid??) question. My pool filter has been broken and the part finally came in today. The plan is to get the filter back together tomorrow after we get home from work and finish filling the pool -which is now as green as the grass in my yard

I've read and re-read the piece on here about how to deal with an algae bloom, and I think I've pretty much got it. What I'm not sure about is whether or not I should go ahead and start skimming the junk off the top now, or wait until I can start throwing the chlorine at it (which will be Saturday).

Also, how do I post pictures of my progress on here? I've looked for instructions on this website but can't find them and I'd really like to share the process (if y'all are interested!).

Thanks for all the great advice so far!!
    14k gallon oval agp, sand filter, 1hp pump, BBB method, K-2006 Test Kit
    Roanoke, VA

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Yuck!! Newbie with a green pool.

The more gunk you can manually remove the better.

You can use any image hosting site instead of flickr. Just make sure the URL you past in the IMG tag is to the picture itself (ends with a JPG) and not a website with the picture in it.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Yuck!! Newbie with a green pool.

Thank you so much for the info. I will be taking pictures and posting them soon....and scooping green gunk out of my precious pool.
    14k gallon oval agp, sand filter, 1hp pump, BBB method, K-2006 Test Kit
    Roanoke, VA