New B using eclipse 3

May 21, 2013
New Jersey
Second year of owing the pool, had bad green alge every week last year before using eclipse 3.
I did use the eclips 3 at start up when i Opened the pool this year which looked pretty good. After 2 weeks of the pool store and $250.00 i found this site and have started the BBB's. I only use test strips for now but all levels appear to be within tolerance. Should I continue with the eclipse and how often should I vacum with my pool rover. The pool is 24 round AG.

Thanks mike

No reason to use eclipse-it contains copper. Run the rover whenever you feel like it, pool needs it depending on conditions. Just don't leave it in the pool and rinse the bag out real good. Welcome to TFP.

Welcome to the forum. :lol: You will not truly practice BBB until you get rid of those strips. You must learn to test accurately (strips are the worst) so you can know what to do with the results.

Yep, you should ditch the strips and Eclipse 3. If you truly follow the BBB method, you will not need the copper. Copper is bad because it can cause staining. You really should order the proper test kit, which is in my signature.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.