Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How about a picture gallery.

1. Back To Top    #1

Lake Jackson, TX

How about a picture gallery.

Can a picture gallery be added with pictures of the common problems/finishes/equipment etc. I'm in the process of caulking my deck expansion joint and I picked up the wrong color . My lazy gene is suggesting I just use it and put some sand on top to try and blend it. A picture of what it would look like would be very helpful.
    25000 gal IG gunite plaster. Built in spa, built 1984.
    48 SF Hayward DE-4800 filter
    1 hp Hayward super pump
    3/4 hp Polaris PB-4 booster pump, Polaris 380
    Taylor K-2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: How about a picture gallery.

We do have a photo encyclopedia of equipment in Pool School, and I tried to start one for common problems but it never took off.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Central Massachusetts

Good idea!

As far as the gallery goes on the front page of the website, I wish you could view it at a higher resolution! Any chance of that happening?
    26,000 gal 18x36' IG Vinyl Pool - Hayward S244T Sand filter - Hayward Tri-star 2-speed 1.5HP pump - Goldline Aqua Plus SWCG and Controller with Tcell-15 - Aquacomfort 125K BTU Heatpump - Hayward Color Comfort 4.0 LED - Zodiac MX8 suction cleaner - TF100 test kit
    My Build thread

4. Back To Top    #4

I was just about to post requesting a gallery when I saw this. I have several friends scouting AG pool options, Intex, to regular AG, to sunken AG. Having a gallery for ag setups, showing the pool from afar to include decks, housings for equipment, landscape around the pool, etc would be great for people wanting to see the whole gambit of options. Not necessarily the nitty gritty like plumbimg mods, but wide shots showing how it looks in a yard. Something similar in one thread would be good for IG, too. But I'd keep IG and AG separate.

Also, might work best if people embed the pix since some past posts with picture links don't work.

Might just start a thread in AG and hope people contribute.
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Eastern Nebraska

5. Back To Top    #5
    Silver Spring, MD

There is a large gallery of pools on the home page, the slide show. However, it does not distinguish between in-ground and above ground.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School