CE meassage on Hayward heater

May 15, 2009
I had this issue last year but the heater still worked and it would go away after a few seconds.

Now it sits in CE mode and either wont work at all and sits in stanby, or it will fire up and then go to stanby and continue running normally with no way of turning it off short of shutting the whole system down.

I found that if I gave the top of the heater a good whack it would start working again, which leads me to think something is loose, although that method does not work all the time.

I have someone coming to look at it but before I hear the bad news, I just wanted to hear what might be some advice as to not being jerked around by someone who thinks that they can siphon me for large $$$$

thanks guys

This is a known issue with the Hayward FD heaters. Plenty info here on TFP regarding this.

You might need one or two boards to fix your issue. Display board and control board.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.