Zodiac MX8 - Compatible Hoses?

Sep 1, 2012
Camillus, NY
Hi again!

I got a great deal on a Zodiac MX8, head-only, on Craigslist for $150. :party:

Since it doesn't come with the hoses and valves and such, I'm now in the market for some (hopefully) inexpensive hoses to use with it. I've been going back and forth with a seller on eBay regarding getting a set of OEM hoses from a unit they had that was defective, but I've been waiting a week now on a definite "yes, you can have them" response, so I'm looking at other possible options.

Does anyone know where I could buy a set of compatible (not necessarily OEM) hoses for the MX8? The prices I'm seeing online are around $160, which is more than I paid for the cleaner itself! :hammer:

Thanks! :cheers:

The MX8 comes with short hose sections that have a special pin lock connector. They twist together and make up a longer hose. This turns out to be important, as the hose length needs to be "just right" for your pool. There are adapters available that allow you to splice the MX8 hose to other ones, but you do need to have at least one Zodiac hose to connect with the unit itself. I have ours connected to a Hayward leaf catcher, and needed special adapters to do so. I do recommend a large leaf catcher with any suction side cleaner, and my opinion is that the large Hayward leaf catcher is very nice for this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.