Houma, LA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I'm getting close to install the wall. However, I keep reading the instructions and can't find what the white pieces of plastic are for. They are about 12 inches long and seem to go over the liner j-hook(the type of liner I have), between the top rails on either side of the uprights. Problem is they are not molded to fit curved areas.

What I am wondering is, at each pole between each wall top rail, is there anything at all that goes over the wall/liner j-hook?

Can anyone with a Matrix show me a pic of what it looks like on the inside of the pool at the posts?

Also, with a unibead liner, do you have to use the plastic liner coping over the j-hook?

One other thing. I have the Liner Armor fabric. Is it better to put the edges over the foam coves or under it?

cmiller73 said:
I'm getting close to install the wall. However, I keep reading the instructions and can't find what the white pieces of plastic are for. They are about 12 inches long and seem to go over the liner j-hook(the type of liner I have), between the top rails on either side of the uprights. Problem is they are not molded to fit curved areas.

What I am wondering is, at each pole between each wall top rail, is there anything at all that goes over the wall/liner j-hook?

Can anyone with a Matrix show me a pic of what it looks like on the inside of the pool at the posts?

Also, with a unibead liner, do you have to use the plastic liner coping over the j-hook?

One other thing. I have the Liner Armor fabric. Is it better to put the edges over the foam coves or under it?
No you won't use the coping strips with a j-hook liner. Liner Armor will be cut the shape of your pool floor,you won't have extra material to go up the side of the cove,at least that was my reasoning when I installed my gorrilla pad under my foam cove.

Personally, my foam cove had a notch for the bottom rail so I ended up putting the cove on the ground, then sand up to the the cove and then Gorilla Pad ontop of sand and cove.

Not sure what's best on your set up, just saying what I did.

Taking into account that the cove is about 3 inches for the wall, the Liner Armor "should" be able to lay over the cove.
I plan to level sand about 1.5" thick, then cove and lay the Liner Armor over the cove. Reason I think this is better is the padding will ride up the cove, making a better transition at the bottom of the cove.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.