Well Water

Jul 31, 2009
Gonzales, La
Getting ready to build a gunite pool. Only have well water available unless I truck water in to fill pool. I had someone test my well water and came up with the following results. Would you use this to fill or autolevel your pool?

Conductivity 271
PH 7.8
Fe 0.09ppm
Ca 30
Hardness 50ppm
Alk 120ppm

Todd

That iron level should be alright as long as you winterize. Iron will slowly build up in the pool due to evaporation. Winterizing involves enough water replacement that it should prevent the level from going too high.

Thanks for the replys guys. I was most worried about the iron in the well water more than anything. Initial fill will most probably be with tank truck from hydrant down the street. After that I will be on well water until they run the water line down our street years from now. Would a water softner or something help remove this?

Jason we don't have much of winters around here. Probably can swim into December some years. Three months of colder weather but not like where you are.

Todd

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.