Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Well Water

1. Back To Top    #1

Well Water

Getting ready to build a gunite pool. Only have well water available unless I truck water in to fill pool. I had someone test my well water and came up with the following results. Would you use this to fill or autolevel your pool?

Conductivity 271
    PH 7.8
    Fe 0.09ppm
    Ca 30
    Hardness 50ppm
    Alk 120ppm

Todd
    15x36 Gunite w/Diamond Brite(Bahama Breeze plaster), 3.5-6', Pentair Easytouch Automation panel, Pentair 3HP VS pump, Pentair CNC 420 filter, Pentair 5G color changing light, Polaris 360 cleaner w/booster, Pentair IC-20 SWG
    My pool build
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...ales-Louisiana

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Well Water

Overall I would say it looks good, there is some iron, but not enough to worry about
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

That iron level should be alright as long as you winterize. Iron will slowly build up in the pool due to evaporation. Winterizing involves enough water replacement that it should prevent the level from going too high.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Don't freak out if the pool turns green when you add chlorine. There's been a number of threads on that topic. It usually goes away in a day or two. If not, you can use metal sequestrant to deal with the iron.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the replys guys. I was most worried about the iron in the well water more than anything. Initial fill will most probably be with tank truck from hydrant down the street. After that I will be on well water until they run the water line down our street years from now. Would a water softner or something help remove this?

Jason we don't have much of winters around here. Probably can swim into December some years. Three months of colder weather but not like where you are.

Todd
    15x36 Gunite w/Diamond Brite(Bahama Breeze plaster), 3.5-6', Pentair Easytouch Automation panel, Pentair 3HP VS pump, Pentair CNC 420 filter, Pentair 5G color changing light, Polaris 360 cleaner w/booster, Pentair IC-20 SWG
    My pool build
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...ales-Louisiana