I'll try to do this note form:
- Pump is about 7 years old - Hayward Super Pump 1hp
- Pump would turn on, but no flow. My wife called in the pool company and they replaced the impeller (they said it had fallen apart)
- They replaced the impeller with a 1.5hp impeller
- Pump now randomly shuts off (after 1 to 24 hours)
- Pump is smoking hot (can't say I every spent much time touching it before...)
- Sand filter pressure seems the same
- Jets at the pool are very strong (feels like a hot tub), seems stronger than before
Is the 1.5hp impeller overheating my pump? Pool company says that the pump is old and should just be replaced. My argument was it had shown no signs of overheating until the impeller was replaced (the only problem was there was no flow). I've asked that they replace it with a 1hp impeller.
Is this reasonable or are they right, thoughts?