Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rebuilding my pool -- How much $$$ do you think?

1. Back To Top    #1

Rebuilding my pool -- How much $$$ do you think?

I have a standard vinyl liner pool (about 15k gallons) with a deep end and a shallow end. The top of the pool is set about 30" above the level of my house and a cement patio was built around it with a retaining wall about 8 feet away from my house.

My questions:

1. Is it possible to have the whole area reconstructed and have the pool dropped down 30" to be level with the house?
    2. How expensive is something like this? Even a ballpark figure would be welcomed.

-15,000 gallon vinyl liner in-ground pool
    -Pentair 1HP SuperFlo pump
    -Hayward Pro Series sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    North Florida

Re: Rebuilding my pool -- How much $$$ do you think?

Sounds like a total re-do to me.
    ~31k gallon 18x36 IG, Vinyl LoopLoc Sahara, Hayward C-750 75sq' Cartridge filter, Pentair Intelliflow VS3050, SGS Breeze760 SWG, Homemade Aerators, SmartPool Nitro 52 Wall Climber, TFT100 XL, Borates, and a partridge in a pear tree :)

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mandeville, Louisiana

Yes, it is possible. I would think around 20 to 25 thousand to do it.
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

4. Back To Top    #4

You can raise or lower an entire pool and surrounding deck and earth all at once. You will need to demo everything, regrade, and build a new pool from scratch. You can of course reuse the pump and filter, and maybe salvage the skimmers and possibly even some plumbing. But don't count on salvaging the liner, foam, walls, or any cement. Essentially you are looking at the same price of a new pool, minus the cost of pump and filter.