LED color changing light barely glows red when turned on...

dwanjk

May 21, 2013
Split from post493708.html#p493708
Please start your own thread :wink: Butterfly

I am having the same problem with the same light. This is the beginning of our fourth swim season. We live in New England, so as you can imagine the season is a short one. I estimate about 700 hours usage on the fixture. In doing research, I have found that this is a common problem with this light. Does anyone have any recommendations? I know the Pentair does not fit the Hayward niche correctly. I would buy another Hayward but I do not have much faith that this would not happen again based on what I have read. Basically I just want a colored light (kids love it!) that fits in the niche. I have been making calls all day, I am amazed at the lack of local knowledge in this area. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. -Janine

Re: LED color changing light barely glows red when turned on

I had an issue with a light that was not led. I'll look to see where I got it and let you know. There is a lot of confusion about these light. I sounds like yours requires more current than your source has.

Re: LED color changing light barely glows red when turned on

Is it led?
If so that's normal
White, blue, green, yellow etc will be much brighter on led than red.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.