New liner going in today

joshs2000ss

Nov 10, 2010
South Central Kentucky
A new liner is being installed in a pool at a rental property of mine. I want to be as efficient as possible after the install with getting it set up and ready, mainly to minimize my time there.

The pool is 16k gallons, but other than that, the equipment is exactly the same as what I have in my signature for the equipment at my house.

What is the best way to get the water balanced in the most efficient way? The fill water is just tap water from a hose. I've tested it before but it has been a while. Nothing was wildly out of range.

I'm assuming I won't need to worry with shocking since it's a fresh fill so my plan in my head was to:

check pH and adjust if necessary
Add bleach to bring FC up to 10 just to maintain until I can turn on SWG.
add CYA via sock method to bring up to 70
add 400 lbs of salt (this makes my back hurt just thinking about it)

Brush until my arms fall off to mix all of that salt in...

Go back tomorrow, verify numbers with full test (other than assuming CYA is going to be correct) and turn on SWG.

If this is completely off base or needs some tweaking, let me know.

You pretty much have it. If you spend the extra for the liquid CYA, you won't need to wait for it to dissolve. You can test it the next day. Just a thought...not sure how far away the rental is from home.

I'd wait to add salt until everything else was balanced and circulating. Make sure there's no leaks, no flow problems, no any problems. Work with as few variables as possible, and you'll minimize confusion.

Got any kids that want to get in right away? They can mix the salt in for you. Scroll down to the highlighted post.

Thanks for the info, the salt mixing method is a great idea, I never thought of doing that. I may try to work that in if I can.

Property is only 15 minutes away, so it's not a major inconvenience, just want to get it ready as fast as possible for the renter who is paying for the use of the pool.

Update on the liner. Went back yesterday, after showing up on install day and the water was too low to do anything. I had already lugged the 10 bags of salt back by the pool to put in after getting everything else done like had been discussed earlier in the thread, and when I arrived yesterday they were gone. Apparently the installers took it upon themselves to dump the salt in for me. While I appreciate the thought, the fact that my SWG was on and set to generate somewhere in the 80% range upset me a bit (they turned it on, not me). The SWG had already shut itself off and had HI warning on the screen due to the low water level and the high concentration of salt (amount of salt was for a 3000 ppm concentration in a full pool and the pool wasn't half full yet). I will be letting them know that chance they took on destroying my cell isn't acceptable.

FC was zero so I added bleach to bring the level up until later today when I can turn on the SWG. I hung socks in front of the returns to add CWA but the water wasn't all the way up to "float" them but it was still working. Headed back today to complete everything. Here's a pic of the liner install.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    233.7 KB · Views: 63
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.