vacuum brushes

spf30

Apr 28, 2009
Hanna City, IL
Had to replace the brushes on the vac head mid season last year. When I went to vacuum for the first time this season, I noticed the head was sticking on the bottom again. Sure enough, one entire side of bristles are worn off (they weren't when I started vacuuming, but many were breaking/falling off). What is causing the bristles to go bad so quickly?? Bleach? Sunlight? Any brands better than others?

Topics merged. Please don't double post. It's a very busy time of year and someone will answer soon. Bama

Had to replace the brushes on the vac head mid season last year. When I went to vacuum for the first time this season, I noticed the head was sticking on the bottom again. Sure enough, one entire side of bristles are worn off (they weren't when I started vacuuming, but many were breaking/falling off). What is causing the bristles to go bad so quickly?? Bleach? Sunlight? Any brands better than others?

Sorry! Didn't mean to double post (nor did I notice till now!) because no one had answered! If you check the time stamp on each post, you;ll see it was just a few minutes apart...clearly an operator error! How do I delete one if it happens again? But would like still to get recommendations for a brand that seems to hold up a bit longer...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.