Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: vacuum brushes

1. Back To Top    #1

vacuum brushes

Had to replace the brushes on the vac head mid season last year. When I went to vacuum for the first time this season, I noticed the head was sticking on the bottom again. Sure enough, one entire side of bristles are worn off (they weren't when I started vacuuming, but many were breaking/falling off). What is causing the bristles to go bad so quickly?? Bleach? Sunlight? Any brands better than others?
    22,500 gal A.G., vinyl, sta rite crystal sand filter- Pentair Water Pool & Spa , Hayward Super Pump Self Priming 10" lift, BBB method

2. Back To Top    #2

vacuum brushes

Topics merged. Please don't double post. It's a very busy time of year and someone will answer soon. Bama

Had to replace the brushes on the vac head mid season last year. When I went to vacuum for the first time this season, I noticed the head was sticking on the bottom again. Sure enough, one entire side of bristles are worn off (they weren't when I started vacuuming, but many were breaking/falling off). What is causing the bristles to go bad so quickly?? Bleach? Sunlight? Any brands better than others?
    22,500 gal A.G., vinyl, sta rite crystal sand filter- Pentair Water Pool & Spa , Hayward Super Pump Self Priming 10" lift, BBB method

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: vacuum brushes

If you leave it out in the sun that will destroy the bristles pretty quickly.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: vacuum brushes

Sorry! Didn't mean to double post (nor did I notice till now!) because no one had answered! If you check the time stamp on each post, you;ll see it was just a few minutes apart...clearly an operator error! How do I delete one if it happens again? But would like still to get recommendations for a brand that seems to hold up a bit longer...