Hey Guys and Girls,
Quick question. Just got done battling with mustard algae. I have a 15K gallon pool, underground, with de filter, running filter 24 hrs. Thursday, I brushed the entire pool, added 16 ounces of black algae killer, and 4 1lb. bags of shock. Friday, approximately 18 hours after initial treatment, I checked the FC level and it was at about 5 ppm. Vacuumed the majority of the now gray algae to waste, backwashed filter thoroughly, brushed the entire pool again, and added 2 more lbs. of shock. Saturday, checked FC level and it was above 5 ppm. Brushed again and turned on polaris for good measure. Sunday, brushed pool again and added clarifier for good measure. Everything looks good, water clear, no debris on the floor or sides, no sign of algae, AK is at 120 and Ph is at 7.5. Now my question: I checked the FC level today and it is at 2-3 ppm, but my TC is still at about 5 ppm. What do I do to get the FC equal to the TC? I'm not sure I should shock it more since the TC is already at 5 ppm. Maybe add chlorine free sanitizer?