Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AquaTrol AG salt generator question

1. Back To Top    #1

AquaTrol AG salt generator question

Hey guys this is my second year with the AquaTrol above ground pool unit. What are most of you setting your % dial at? I can't remember from last year since I think it got turned since then. I have a 24ft by 52" above ground pool. The manual just says start it at a higher percentage then slower lower it until you reach the desired level. Well what is the starting point? Surely not 100%? I think the pool place told me to run mine at like 40% last year. Any input from you guys would be great. Thanks!
    On ground pool 16x32 with deep end -shallow end 4' deep end 7' 80 000L of water pool installed 2011 SW (currently not working) sand filter we are in ontario

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AquaTrol AG salt generator question

Every pool is different, depending on a great many factors. If you need a starting position, start at 50%.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

This is the first year with an aquatrol for me. I haven't had it running all of two weeks but I started mine at 40% and been slowing dialing it back every few days.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

4. Back To Top    #4

Well I started mine off at 35% and had the water tested today. Everything was good except the stabilizer which is still in the process of putting pucks in every 3 days. So it seems to be ok for now, will adjust it a bit more over the next few weeks when we start using it.
    On ground pool 16x32 with deep end -shallow end 4' deep end 7' 80 000L of water pool installed 2011 SW (currently not working) sand filter we are in ontario

5. Back To Top    #5

I started mine at 25% and am currently running at 15%. That being said, it's been a cool and rainy spring and the pool has mostly been covered.
    21' Leslies Beachland Ag Pool, 10,000 gallons, professionally installed (best money I ever spent) Hayward 16" sand filter w/Pentair two speed pump Fafco 4x20 solar heater,Aqua Trol RJ. Borates added. Hard plumbed.

6. Back To Top    #6

Looks like 10% is going to be my magic number right now. I also press the diagnostics button to get to the percentage reading and the other adjust the dial. That way I can see the actual setting when I set it. I found the marks around the dial aren't very accurate.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -