Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sidewall blowout

1. Back To Top    #1

Hampstead, NC, transitioning to Perfection, NC

Sidewall blowout

The sidewall (right at the skimmer, naturally) blew out of my 16'X32' oval agp. It is completely inside a deck so changing the size is not an economical option. The only two manufacturers of this size I have found so far is Cornelius and the Pool Factory. Any input about either of these? Or any suggestions of repair? The pool is old, I live at the beach and the steel is rusting out in many places. Cost is a major concern. I've checked Craigslist, and found one 200 miles away, understand the used liner issue, so that is a factor as well.

Thanks
    16X32 AB, Pentair SD filter, 3/4hp Pentair Optiflo, CircuPool RJ30+ swg, TF 100, 19 X 37 igv, Pentair filter, 1hp Pentair Superflo pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Sidewall blowout

Dang I'm sorry to hear that. I have a Cornelius 16x32 steel wall that is ...NOT.........warrantied for a SWG. Top rails are resin. Living where you do you might want to look into a resin wall pool. I didin't even know they existed when I put mine up!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Just wanted to tell you how sorry I am that your pool blew out! Good luck in your search!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Hampstead, NC, transitioning to Perfection, NC

Thanks to both....And I am looking at resin, though the newer steel walls with hot dip galvanized/Kleer Koat should be fine with a salt pool.
    16X32 AB, Pentair SD filter, 3/4hp Pentair Optiflo, CircuPool RJ30+ swg, TF 100, 19 X 37 igv, Pentair filter, 1hp Pentair Superflo pump.