Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG

1. Back To Top    #1
    Ham Lake, Minnesota

I've heard that installing a SWG with a inground that does not have a automatic cover is difficult to maintain
    I live in MN, so the winters are long and I just opened it last week been shocking for about
    4 days now, would a SWG work for me.
    20x40 Vinyl IG, 27k gal, 1 hp hayward, s244s hayward SF, Hayward SWG 1 floor drain, 2 Skimmers, 4 Returns, Fiberstars FO lights, Polaris booster, and 380 polaris cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Flower Mound, TX

Re: SWG

I haven't heard that having an automatic cover would have anything to do with a SWCG being applicable for a given situation.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: SWG

A SWG will work on just about any pool, and most people consider SWG pools significantly less work to maintain than any other kind of pool. A SWG is more money up front, but is close to break even in the long run. There some misconceptions going around, for example some people seem to think that a SWG eliminates all pool maintenance, which isn't at all true.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School