Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rising pH

1. Back To Top    #1

Pasadena, MD

Rising pH

Split by moderator from HERE. Please start your own thread for your own questions. Thanks, jblizzle

I've been battling this issue for years. I have a Zodiac Clearwater and a Nature 2. My PH rise is such that I must add close to 1/2 gal of acid a week for a 23k gal pool. Everything I read says it's the generator and that I should not have an issue over the winter but when I open the pool I'm looking at 8.5 plus and a nice coating of scale. TA is around 70 and the pool (gunite) is 8 years old.

Well water is so acidic that I must use a neutralizer to protect the household plumbing. I give up,,,

BTW, just saw the response to my post last year. I do not have a waterfall or fountain. I do have jets with a blower but rarely use it.

10 year old 23,500 gal 20X40 in-ground cement pond. 72 sq ft DE filter, Zodiac Clearwater SWG, Nature 2, RayVac and heatpump. Hayworth 3/4 SuperpumpTwo skimmers, dual returns and love-seat jets.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Rising pH

Welcome to TFP!

Could you post a complete set of water test results and tell us if you have a waterfall, fountain, or anything similar?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School