Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best way to add liquid CYA

1. Back To Top    #1

Best way to add liquid CYA

What is the best way to add liquid CYA to the pool? Premix it with a bunch of water in a Home Depot bucket or something and then dump that in the pool? Or just dump it straight out of the CYA bottle into the pool in front of the jets? Or in front of the skimmer?
    15,400 gal, 16x32 vinyl rectangle (sport dig), Intelliflo VS, 240 sqft cartridge filter, Intellichlor IC40, Mastertemp 250, Dolphin supreme M4 cleaning, Pentair EasyTouch4

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Best way to add liquid CYA

Pour slowly in front of a return jet while the pump is running.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Jason is right on! Used it myself for first time this year. My cya goes to almost zero every winter and I struggled with powder the last couple years. Liquid cya costs a lot more but results are quick. One note: shake the bottle up really good before and during the adding process. Mine settled A LOT! After half the bottle was gone I filled the jug with pool water and shook it up again.

Brush the pool a good bit after adding and you'll be good to go!
    16 x 32 inground vinyl pool (21000 gallons) (new liner installed 2014)
    Hayward max flo pump w/ 1 HP AO Smith motor (new motor 2014)
    Hayward C1200 cartridge filter (new 2014)
    Hayward H150 heater

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks folks! Very much appreciated!
    15,400 gal, 16x32 vinyl rectangle (sport dig), Intelliflo VS, 240 sqft cartridge filter, Intellichlor IC40, Mastertemp 250, Dolphin supreme M4 cleaning, Pentair EasyTouch4