Home Theater Set Up's.

Heater

Nov 1, 2012
Seen this on another forum and figured it would be interesting here. I'm sure mine will be the weakest one out here so ill go first.

[attachment=0:3egvk9cb]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369076992.210212.jpg[/attachment:3egvk9cb]
65" Samsung SMART 3D LED
Denon AVR 3312 CI
PS3
Xbox 360 with Kinect
Boston Acoustic ASW 650 sub (2)
Bose 701 tower
Samsung 3D blue ray player
Proficient audio inwall surround and sub
Bose Center Channel Speaker
Airport express

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369076992.210212.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369076992.210212.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 180
Nice, but how about in pool movie set ups? We are having our first family pool movie night of the year this weekend and I will post photos of the set up with the 120 inch screen in place, etc.

Isaac-1 said:
Nice, but how about in pool movie set ups? We are having our first family pool movie night of the year this weekend and I will post photos of the set up with the 120 inch screen in place, etc.
I have 2
One in the tiki hut which swings out to the hot tub.
[attachment=1:2z5a58p2]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369090780.922755.jpg[/attachment:2z5a58p2]
This one on the back patio.
[attachment=0:2z5a58p2]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369090829.255671.jpg[/attachment:2z5a58p2]

Both are small 37"&42"

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369090780.922755.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369090780.922755.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 151
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369090829.255671.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369090829.255671.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 151
Very nice Heater (indoors and out!). Are those outdoor TV's?
Sorry for the poor pics, here's mine. I've since put all the cables in the wall but you get the jist.

My pool is just about to start getting built and I'm looking into outdoor theater options as well as putting a TV outside - can't decide whether to put a regular TV outside and just replace it more frequently or spend the money on an outdoor TV.

Nice set up man! I just have cheap Vizio's outside. Couldn't come to spending so much for the "outdoor" style. I was planning on getting covers for them but never got around to it. Knock on wood, they have been great for 2 years in the hot AZ weather and the bigger one gets beat by the sun every morning for a good 3-4 hours in direct sun light. It also has a Boston acoustic sound bar with remote sub, for outside it sounds great!

That's what I'm leaning towards. My only concern is not being able to see it clearly during the day. Most of the use will probably be at night though when glare won't be an issue.
The outdoor TVs are supposedly much easier to see during the day but man are they expensive...

I watch mine while it is direct sunlight and it makes it a little different but not much. I watch mine in the morning having coffee or at night, very rarely in the middle of the day. TV #2 is under the tiki hut so it never sees direct sun light. Be sure to do LCD or led. No plasma.

Heater said:
I watch mine while it is direct sunlight and it makes it a little different but not much. I watch mine in the morning having coffee or at night, very rarely in the middle of the day. TV #2 is under the tiki hut so it never sees direct sun light. Be sure to do LCD or led. No plasma.
Thanks. Yes, was going to go with LCD/LED. My media room TV is a plasma and I love it, but it's in a light controlled room (no windows) and is indoors in the AC!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Glare would be very bad on a plasma outside. Also forgot to mention. Not much rain here in PHX but I have a mister system in the whole back yard and often it makes a thick fog looking atmosphere, tvs have stood up to that as well.

I use this investment more than anything, the kids absolutely LOVE Movie Night and the Sound is AMAZING-

I only hope the Pool I intend to install next year is as worthy as this investment, I imagine it will be for sure.

4id06s.jpg

35au4wn.jpg

Very nice carnut!
How do you like the media seating? We considered it but couldn't quite figure out if we could comfortably get two rows in so went for a sectional instead (would have involved building a riser too - no biggie but it was easier not to!)

Thank you!!! We love the Seating, they are powered so that makes them even better. I built the Riser, it was actually very easy. It looks like you have plenty of room, my room is 14' wide if I remember correctly and we have plenty of room to walk on each side. My favorite part that I splurged for is those Huge Dual Subs, it shakes you in your seats, they are unreal, sounds much better than a Movie Theater.

Funny my wife thought she would not like it, she hates when I turn the TV up, she reluctantly told me she absolutely loved it after the first Movie, she could not believe the difference.

Love your Room as well, very nice. I am a few years behind you on looking into outdoor equipment. I will certainly be looking into Speakers for outside first.

Carnut12 said:
Thank you!!! We love the Seating, they are powered so that makes them even better. I built the Riser, it was actually very easy. It looks like you have plenty of room, my room is 14' wide if I remember correctly and we have plenty of room to walk on each side. My favorite part that I splurged for is those Huge Dual Subs, it shakes you in your seats, they are unreal, sounds much better than a Movie Theater.

Funny my wife thought she would not like it, she hates when I turn the TV up, she reluctantly told me she absolutely loved it after the first Movie, she could not believe the difference.

Love your Room as well, very nice. I am a few years behind you on looking into outdoor equipment. I will certainly be looking into Speakers for outside first.
Thanks! Our media room gets the most use of any room in the house and we love having one. I'm a Brit and love going in there on a Saturday/Sunday morning during soccer season when the wife and kid are still asleep and watching the footy (main reason I went for a Plasma over LED or projector). I would love to upgrade the sound I have in there (I have a Sony HTIB but upgraded the front speakers to free standing ones) but it does the job just fine for now and we've already dropped enough money on that room for now!

My primary focus for outside is to have a TV to watch from the hot tub. I think I will use a sound bar to start with and then when I have a bit more time (and money!) I will wire up an outdoor speaker system with speakers in the patio and also around the pool. My longer term aim is to have an outdoor theater setup but it's not happening this year!

Now just need the pool build to start! (waiting on HOA!)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.