Dual main drain working?

Apr 21, 2013
Cedar Lake,IN
:? How do you know that your dual main drains are working properly? The problem that I have is to the right and to the left of the skimmer there is always dirt on the floor of my pool. I also live on a corner lot, busy road... I know I get lots of dirt from that..
I vacuum at least 3 to 4 hours a week

Floor drains are designed to appear to have no/low flow to reduce entrapment dangers.

If you can close off the skimmer line and still have water moving through the pump ... then the floor is working.

Welcome! :wave:

First, look at your plumbing and see if there are any valves you don't understand. Maybe the drains are off.

If there is no separate pipe for the drains, pull the skimmer basket and see if there is one open hole or two underneath, and is there a little flying saucer looking thing inside. Report back and we'll go on from there.

Pictures are always helpful when trying to decipher plumbing arrangements.

Thanks so much for the info... put the valve on full second port which is the main drain and pump had flow so it works..
didn't think to put on full main drain and little skimmer flow... always had it on high skimmer and little main drain..

skimmer line goes to main drain pipe then to pump..

Thanks so much for all the info.. You all rock here....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.