Robotic pool cleaner for vinyl liner with wrinkles?

May 20, 2013
Hi, My wife and I were going to buy a Dolphin Nautilus cleaner and then she read somewhere that it will not work with wrinkles and may even tear them?

The pool info--roughly 30k gallons, in ground, salt added this year, and L-shaped with stairs. The liner has several wrinkles in the shallow end. We don't know what caused them since we bought the house as a short sale and the pool was covered for about 3 years and was a mess to get going again. We had the wrinkles checked for leaks and none were found.

We would like to keep the price around 700 and the reviews on Amazon for the Nautilus are great. Are the rubber agitators really that stiff? I have tried called Dolphin directly and was transferred to Voicemail so I thought I would ask here too.

Thanks for any help or recommendations!

That's a fairly sizable hump for a robot. Most would probably navigate it but would put some wear and tear on the liner perhaps. If it was 1/4 - 1/2 inch I would bet the robot would barely notice.

That's what I am thinking, I even called Dolphin earlier and the rep just called back and said the same thing--and that it could "trap" the cleaner. My neighbor has the Polaris 360--would that work? I don't think there are any brushes on it and it looks like it would go over them?

I have a Dolphin supreme m5 and it works really well. I have the same problem as you do. Wrinkles (several) and the m5 does not even care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.