Can this check valve be reused?

Aug 22, 2010
Hi All:

I need to move this return line for the solar system im installing so I can bypass the gas heater which is downline of this checkvalve but the pool builder left no room to cut this checkvalve and reuse. The valve will be replace with an auto control and there is enough pipe to cut and run a straight line to heater but the T going to the check valve is tight. Can this be salvaged or will I be needing a new one?

Thanks

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 73
I understand what you're saying. I don't see any way the check valve can be salvaged when it's glued so close to the tee. It's a pity to have to junk a $45 valve like that. Also noticed that the other check valve is placed between the pump and the filter. I believe a optimal place would be just after the filter. That way when the solar system drains down no air would get in your filter. The other check valve should be in the solar outlet right before it rejoins the system plumbing after the heater. Also i believe you can still use that 3-way valve. The actuator mounts on top of it.

skeeter

You can re-use the check valve. You will have to use a 2" or 2.5" coupler (not sure what size pipe you have) with solvent to the outside of the check valve and then a reducer back down to the pipe size.

Not sure how you can salvage that T though without reaming out the old pipe from the inside.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.