Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Glock's firearm thread removed

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Glock's firearm thread removed

I have moved Glock30's topic on swimming and firearms from public view. There was nothing offensive in it at all but I removed it for 2 reasons...

1. It is not overly pertinent to what we discuss and teach.

2. The best way I know to start a flame war on this forum is to discuss, any "hot button" topic. It distracts from the purpose of the forum and often escalates with someone getting banned because they feel so strongly one way or the other.

Glock30 is welcome to post back and make an announcement that he has restarted the topic on a completely different website and everyone interested can go there to discuss.

We need to keep our forum on a narrow path about pools and I am afraid it is too easy to get sidetracked dealing with that subject.

Again, the post and all subsequent posts were not offensive in any way that I saw. Over the years we have seen these things escalate out of control so it's best to just to leave them alone.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

2. Back To Top    #2

Flower Mound, TX

Re: Glock's firearm thread removed

Sounds ok to me. Did you PM Glock30 and tell him why?
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

3. Back To Top    #3
    East Texas

Lord knows there's no shortage of gun forums.........................(or so I hear!)
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Mandeville, Louisiana

I agree. There are plenty of firearm sites to pose such a question.
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!