Aqua Logic upgrade that won't have "No Cell Power" problem?

Rockstead

Sep 2, 2010
Montreal, QC, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Well it finally happened to me, I've had my Aqua Logic system going on my 4th season, I've been reading about the no cell issues for the past 3 years and I've had the nocellpower.com site bookmarked for the last two.

I resoldered the K1 burn solder spot and it worked for a week, I resoldered it ten times better and it worked for two more days, now I've got someone coming over that actually knows what they are doing but I know it will be a temp fix.

Is there an upgrade board that won't suffer this issue, I know I can upgrade to a pro logic board but I believe I read some of those boards have this issue too, they must have fixed this design flaw at one point.

I realize it was my own doing, I was careless and I had the chlorinator cell on while I added 5 bags of salt to bring me to my required opening season level of 3400PPM, lesson learned.

Re: Aqua Logic upgrade that won't have "No Cell Power" probl

Rockstead said:
I realize it was my own doing, I was careless and I had the chlorinator cell on while I added 5 bags of salt to bring me to my required opening season level of 3400PPM, lesson learned.
That can definitely help cause the problem. Higher salt = higher amps which is what I think damages the board. I fixed my board two years ago, I keep salt levels below 3000 ppm and I haven't had the issue again.

Re: Aqua Logic upgrade that won't have "No Cell Power" probl

JoshU said:
Are you looking for a complete automation system or standalone chlorine generator?

I've gotten very used to having an automation system, I would like to continue with one.

Unfortunetely there is not too much discussion on the nocellpower site, if I could determine the design flaw has been fized in the pro logic boards, I would just change to one of those boards, although I read that might mean changing the display too, not 100% sure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.