Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: what can i do with the return plugs still on?

1. Back To Top    #1

what can i do with the return plugs still on?

Hi my favorite pool people -
    I asked my dear husband to remove the cover and return plugs before he left for a business trip, but only removed the cover.. there's nothing i can do other than fish for leaves right? .. i shouldn't add any chemicals until i first recirculate the water and test with my test kit, right? fyi - i brought a bottle of my stagnant pool water (swirled around manually with the pool net) to the pool store and as expected, no chloride - they also said high TA and 7.5 ph, and no CYA.
    i'm going to try and remove the One drain plug that is near the pool deck, but we have 3 returns along a rock wall that is even a struggle for him to reach. Is there any other way to remove drain plugs.. any tools that i can use other than my hands? maybe something with an extension arm?
    he won't be back until friday, so i guess no chance we'll have this pool open for mem day.
    patty
    25,000 gallon gunite pool with waterfall (built 2000 - owner as of 2009), Aerotemp / Aquacal heat pump AT12000-A, Hayward DE4800 Filter, AOS UST1202 Motor, Hydro-King T104P201 Timer, Meyco pool cover, Pentair Model 320 Auto Chlorine Feeder. Located in Massachusetts.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: what can i do with the return plugs still on?

Got a local teenager available??????????
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: what can i do with the return plugs still on?

hm.. i wish i knew some older kids in my area..
    contemplated tying a rope to my leg and then tying it to a tree so i wouldn't fall into the pool - altho if i remember correctly, i don't think my hands even had the strength to loosen the plug closer to the deck..
    25,000 gallon gunite pool with waterfall (built 2000 - owner as of 2009), Aerotemp / Aquacal heat pump AT12000-A, Hayward DE4800 Filter, AOS UST1202 Motor, Hydro-King T104P201 Timer, Meyco pool cover, Pentair Model 320 Auto Chlorine Feeder. Located in Massachusetts.