Bleach versus Chlorine costs

May 17, 2013
I am new to the site and I love the information and the help. My local pool store has 2.5 gallons of chlorine for $4.00 including tax. I have been shipping for bleach and the Lowes has about 1.5 gallons for about $4.00 including tax.

Anyone know of a cheaper place? Target is not cheaper. I will check out Wal Mart. If the price is the same should I buy chlorine because it is stronger?

My local Pinch a Penny is about $5.00 plus tax. Leslie's runs $3.98 coupons but they are usually $5. This small independent guy is $3.87 + tax or $4.00 total. I bring in my Pinch a Penny jug and the guy fills it up for me. They must have a tank somewhere. I thought it was pretty cheap.

I will also check out my local Aldi for bleach. Aldi always has insane prices. Thanks.

proginov said:
Sounds like you are just east of Tampa, that's what I have been paying and can not beat it with a stick!

SE FL. I guess we are lucky on our pricing of chlorine. I have seen bleach prices at various stores over the past few years go up with inflation. I need to check Aldi.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.