Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bleach versus Chlorine costs

1. Back To Top    #1

Bleach versus Chlorine costs

I am new to the site and I love the information and the help. My local pool store has 2.5 gallons of chlorine for $4.00 including tax. I have been shipping for bleach and the Lowes has about 1.5 gallons for about $4.00 including tax.

Anyone know of a cheaper place? Target is not cheaper. I will check out Wal Mart. If the price is the same should I buy chlorine because it is stronger?
    23,000 IG plaster pool, hayward 2 speed 2.5 hp pump and 550 sq. ft. cartridge filter, SWG, Polaris 360

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bleach versus Chlorine costs

What is the strength of the pool store chlorine ?
    14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover

3. Back To Top    #3

I will ask the guy at the store. I would guess 12.5% but it is probably 10%. I will check.
    23,000 IG plaster pool, hayward 2 speed 2.5 hp pump and 550 sq. ft. cartridge filter, SWG, Polaris 360

4. Back To Top    #4

Well if it is really 12.5 or 10 it is the greatest deal you will ever find. Just make sure it is not "super old", crazy cheap price.
    14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover

5. Back To Top    #5

My local Pinch a Penny is about $5.00 plus tax. Leslie's runs $3.98 coupons but they are usually $5. This small independent guy is $3.87 + tax or $4.00 total. I bring in my Pinch a Penny jug and the guy fills it up for me. They must have a tank somewhere. I thought it was pretty cheap.

I will also check out my local Aldi for bleach. Aldi always has insane prices. Thanks.

6. Back To Top    #6

Sounds like you are just east of Tampa, that's what I have been paying and can not beat it with a stick!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by proginov
    Sounds like you are just east of Tampa, that's what I have been paying and can not beat it with a stick!
    SE FL. I guess we are lucky on our pricing of chlorine. I have seen bleach prices at various stores over the past few years go up with inflation. I need to check Aldi.