Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to make swim goggles/mask ANTI-FOG?

1. Back To Top    #1

How to make swim goggles/mask ANTI-FOG?

So the kids and I are constantly using swim masks/goggles. And constantly fighting them fogging up. We’ve been using

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/produ ... TERSPORTS-

But it doesn’t work, or more specifically must be constantly reapplied. I have NOT followed the instructions that recommend me using a toothbrush and gritty toothpaste to wash the insides of my mask prior to application.

Anyone have any suggestions for a better product or method? Anyone try Rain-X? I see there are anti-fog swim goggles, but I’m not buying expensive ones for the kids yet.
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How to make swim goggles/mask ANTI-FOG?

Okay after some more goggling i happen to have some food grade silicone spray, i wonder if that would work?
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    SWCG and D.E. Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Well...................back in the day, we just spit in them and rubbed it around. We didn't need no stinkin' spray!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp
    Well...................back in the day, we just spit in them and rubbed it around. We didn't need no stinkin' spray!
    Yup have tried that too! I wondering if we are having issues because the pool is 92 and the outside temp is consistently below 78? I would think that would help, but what do i know?
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    SWCG and D.E. Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

+1 for spit.
    23K Gallon Freeform Tile Inground
    Hayward Super II 1.5 HP -- Pentair FNSP48 DE Filter @ 120 GPM
    Polaris 3900 Sport (with Booster Pump)

Pool School Attendee -- The TF-100 Test Kit and the Pool Calculator keep my pool Trouble Free -- BBB Supporter

6. Back To Top    #6

Spit is the old stand-by and it usually works pretty well and is always available where ever you are! You could also try a product specifically made for scuba masks and swim goggles such as this: http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/AQUJAS.html?&&. I have noticed that some anti-fog products are labeled for goggles (like safety goggles) but not for swim goggles.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

7. Back To Top    #7

I was going to make the same suggestion as Bo

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/search_r ... &Submit=Go

The toothpaste instructions are for tempered glass scuba masks to remove the release agent used in the molding
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

8. Back To Top    #8

Spit works great but if you take the mask off and get the inside wet you have to reapply it. I do believe all of the antifogging agents have to be reapplied if you get it wet again too.

skeeter
    47 yr old(1977) 18,000gal Kidney shaped 38ft long plaster Pool with built-in Spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS3050 Pump, Pentair 48sf DE filter, Raypack RP2100 gas heater. HTH 5-way test kit

9. Back To Top    #9

We snorkel alot, you can buy a little bottle called "turtle tears" for like 3 bucks. works GREAT. the dive shop also uses baby oil. a drop inside and out, smear it around and buff it off. works good, but turtle tears I rate 5 stars!!
    24' Sharkline Matrix. Coral Reef Liner. Clearwater II Cartridge Filter. Saltron Retro Salt WaterGenerator. 4x20 Ecosaver Solar Panels, Rover Jr. robot vac. Fiberglass Steps and Lifesaver pool fence/gate.

Previous pool: 9x18 intex with salt water generator and vinylworks 5x10 deck.

10. Back To Top    #10

The big down side to spit is chance of getting an eye infection
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~