Swg and Using BBB

Hello everyone!!!!! :wave: I was here last year as a beginner. My illness got worse during the fall and still dealing with a lot more this year.

Well my hubby went out to the pool and he had to drain the pool because I reminded him of the hole on the bottom of the pool from a clay tile dug up. So now the pool is completely empty. My pool info,is in my siggie.

Here are a few questions I have because I was still a little confused last year. We ended up shutting of the swg because we had a really bad algae bloom that you all helped me through and I posted daily pics and testing numbers.

What I would like to know is if we should fill up the pool completely add our salt and turn on the SWG and our sand filter and let that run a few days before I start adding bleach and testing my CYA.

I'm sure in the next few days I will have more questions. It's too hard for me to get out to the pool because of my back and severe swelling and pain in my legs, so this year I have to trust in my hubby and my niece to take care of. I have read pool school again. I just want to start out right this year. Last year I started here half way through the year because a good friend brought me here. Sorry this is so long and thank you in advance for your help. I'm glad to be back this year. Missed the forum over the winter.

Also has anyone used the solar ground pad heaters on your Intex or summer escapes pool?

What I would like to know is if we should fill up the pool completely add our salt and turn on the SWG and our sand filter and let that run a few days before I start adding bleach and testing my CYA.

Welcome back :wave: I suggest the following:

Fill pool and circulate water for an hour or so. Test and adjust pH to low to mid 7's.. Test TA and if above 50, it is fine.

Next add about 60 CYA via sock method, add salt, and add about 2ppm FC using bleach/liquid chlorine. You can do this all at the same time. Keep the pump/filter running.

Don't turn on the SWG until the CYA and salt has all dissolved and mixed in the water. Use bleach/liquid chlorine to maintain FC until SWG is turned on.

Don't bother testing for CYA for about a week. HTH

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.