iRobot Mirra

I just ordered the Irobot Mirra 530 from Bed Bath and Beyond, believe it or not...was able to use the 20% off...and can return it to store if I'm unhappy with it. Bought it with Mastercard so they should add 1 year to the manuf warranty as well...I hope.

I should have it in a few days (they don't stock it so it ships to you) and will update this thread.

I had an Aquabot from Costco for 5 years and motor died. I was very happy with it (cleaning bag was a little bit of a pain) and it did miss some spots from time to time but overall, good value for the 5 years.

Almost bought Dolphin M4..borrowed one from friend but was not impressed..missed big spots. Maybe if I set it up and gave it more time it would be better.
Let's see how Irobot does!

So, finally got the Mirra...as much as I wanted to like it...it doesn't seem to do what was expected, especially for the price. It cleans the deep end pretty well and as designed, only goes up the walls every 6th pass. But it does go up to the top. It doesn't do steps well and misses 1/3 of my shallow end..consistently after 3 different uses. It moves the water well and it works faster than my classic Aquabot (that died and I'm replacing) but not quite as well. Maybe I have to give it a little more use...not sure. The cartridge holders (2) are excellent. They are very large and very easy to clean. That's a huge plus. Bag cleaning sucks in comparison. I'll be using it more this weekend and will post an update. I tried contacting Irobot to ask them about the cleaning via a chat but since there is very little to modify on the unit (only can add or remove float pads), not really much I can expect them to do.

More to come but at this point, it's likely I'll be returning this within 2 weeks.

I'm considering the Dolphin M4 or the Dolphin DX5 Plus. I like the idea of a remote so you can get small places that are missed (no bot is perfect). Also considering the Aquabot T2 with remote. Any feedback is appreciated.

Could be wrong here, but isn't the Mirra just a slightly different and rebranded version of the Aquabot 4WD models. I have an iRobot Verro that died last week after 6 years, and it was just a rebranded Aquabot Turbot T-Jet. Clearly there is some sort of business relationship between iRobot and Aquabot.

I'm currently looking to replace the Verro, and think I've settled on one of the 4WD models, but still doing some research. Figured I'd chime in on this thread since the 4WD can be had for much less than the Mirra.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.