Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leaking Hot Tub

1. Back To Top    #1

Leaking Hot Tub

I have a leak on the underside of my hot tub. I cut away all the Styrofoam insulation down to the shell. I can clearly see the underside of the tub and little drops of water form and drip from the area. There is no jet or tube connection here and I cannot see any kind of crack. I looked very close and used a flashlight from the underside to see if I could spot a hole or crack. Nothing. The drops keep forming in numerous spots in that one area. It looks to me like the water is just seeping right through the shell. I am not 100% sure what to put on that seal it up./ I would appreciate any help.
    Thanks.
    Bill!
    Greenwood, MO
    23426 Gal, IG vinyl, Lazy L
    Old sand filter, Pentair Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Leaking Hot Tub

I read through all 17 pages of posts here to see if anyone had the same problem. I did not find one specific to what I am seeing.

What I was thinking of trying is to spray on that 3M rubber and vinyl spray from home depot. it is temp resistant up to 200 degress so that should be fine. I am just wondering if it will adhere to the shell good enough to seal the part of the shell that is leaking. Anyone ever use this stuff?
    Bill!
    Greenwood, MO
    23426 Gal, IG vinyl, Lazy L
    Old sand filter, Pentair Pump