Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Timer! Should I or shouldn't I

1. Back To Top    #1

Timer! Should I or shouldn't I

Hello all, it's the begining of my pool season in Ohio and I hit a crossroad.
    I installed a pool in August of last year and used your pool school tutorials and had a good month of a trouble free pool. Starting off this year I decided to add borates followed your tutorial to the letter and it worked great!! Now after adding them, I seem to be maintaining FC. My pool parameters are as follows SWG:
    Ph = 7.5
    CYA = 70
    Borates = 50
    FC = 15
    I have my SWG turned down to maybe 5%( no markings lower than 10%) and my FC stays at 15.
    I was experimenting today as the kids swam, I turned the SWG off from 11am to 6pm and tested FC after they played all day on a sunny day about 80 deg. And my FC was 7 at 6pm. Is the next step a timer to stop pump so SWG doesn't generate?

Thanks Victor
    IG, steel walled vinyl liner, approx. 18000 gal. swg ( Hayward salt system), gas heated, with 250 lb sand filter and 1.5 horse pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Timer! Should I or shouldn't I

Is the SWG hardwired or a plug in? This might be simplestif it just plugs in..
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

SWG is hardwired, I had pool guy attach a plug inline on my hayward 1-1/2 super pump so I can take it in side for winter. Any other suggestions?
    IG, steel walled vinyl liner, approx. 18000 gal. swg ( Hayward salt system), gas heated, with 250 lb sand filter and 1.5 horse pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

The Intermatic T100 series of timers are excellent. For 115 volt use you want the T101, which is around $55 with an outdoors rated case.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks a bunch!