Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leveling problem with 18' pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Leveling problem with 18' pool

I went to Sam's club and bought one of the 18' pools they have. I went through the book,the video, and read several forums around the web including this one. I installed the pool and as I got it close to being filled, I found that I was about 5" out of level (stupid mistake). The pool and posts are sitting on black Texas dirt and grass. I read a forum where some people said to dig out at the posts in order to bring the high part down. I did that. Now, I am within 1-1/2 to 2" of being level. Problem is, I have wrinkles on the sidewall near the top of the part that was high and I have about 4 or 5 posts that do not touch the ground. Will all that settle down as I finish filling or should I drain and start over? Also, if we don't use the pool can I wait a few days to drain it? With the legs off the ground, am I in imminent danger of liner failure?

Thanks so much.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Leveling problem with 18' pool

Welcome to tfp, hankball

If you leave it as is, it will be problematic. I would drain and then level the area properly.

Quote Originally Posted by hankball
    Also, if we don't use the pool can I wait a few days to drain it? With the legs off the ground, am I in imminent danger of liner failure?
    This I am not sure about...I would think if there is no swimming you might be okay...but again, I am not sure.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.