intex filter pumps

"better" could be defined in many ways..Sand filter maybe easier to clean, and maybe less expensive to replace. I had a
intex cartridge filter and got so tired of needing to clean it almost daily.

I don't know about filtration or which one is better. I've read also that cartridge filters are better than sand filters for filtration, but I assume that is all about regular brand "quality" equipment.

I do know that with the pollen falling in the pool, my filter is a slimey mess and I can't get it cleaned right now. I need to get to the store and pick up a few.

As for circulation, my 2650 or 2500 whatever it is cartridge pump circulates very well. I have a thermometer tied to the side across from the water inlet and it hangs out at greater than a 45° angle from the water circulating.

Cleaning up sediment from over winter (no cover) has been a real pain as I have to not only pull the little sock from the stock Intex vacuum out to clean every 1/16th of the pool floor I cleaned, but had to drain the pump and pull the filter and clean as well. It took me a week to get the floor clean and it still isn't perfect as half would pull up into the filter and half would get stirred back up into the water only to settle over night and would have to do it again every day for a week.

Large particles and pine needles and such are all finally out, but I still have sediment on the bottom that looks quite fine. I don't think the Intex cartridge filter is getting this stuff.

My plan is to upgrade to a sand filter, but first in order is I'm going on vacation in 3 weeks, so money is tight from that.

I have the Intex 2650 cartridge filter/pump. I dumped the crappy Intex filters and went with Unicell. Night and day difference between the two. I don't change filters hardly at all now. Big difference for me is I keep my pool covered when not in use. Keeps the Crud out and not in your filter.

I have often thought of switching but since switching to Unicell filter I have gone from three to four day clean and/or change filter to now maybe a week to 10 days. So there is an option if you haven't purchased anything.

Bob E.

Safetybob said:
I dumped the crappy Intex filters and went with Unicell.
Is that the Unicel C-5315 you are talking about? I was just looking at the link for Intex pools in the top of the AGP section.

For the others, the first thread in the AGP section has a list of links for Intex pools.

useful-links-for-fellow-intex-pool-owners-t29612.html

Link is "Never buy a Type A filter, but it also has info on the Unicell C5315 to replace the B type filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.