Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: wiring a digi 220 with 120vac

1. Back To Top    #1

wiring a digi 220 with 120vac

Hi I am new here. looks like a pretty decent forum, wit lot's knowledgeable folks.

I just bought a new Autopilot Digi 220 system and am in the process of installation, including a sinfle speed pump. I am technical and have a background in Electronics.

The wiring diagram in the manual is suspect in my view as the terminals listed for connection of your pump have no power to them.

If power comes into terminal 3 & 4 and is jumpered to 1 & 2, then you connect you pump to 5 & 6. Termianls 5& 6 are dead. How can this possibly work? What am I missing.

Thanks, Gord

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: wiring a digi 220 with 120vac

You might well be missing the optional (no additional cost) pump relay. Depending on who you purchased the unit from you usually have to ask for the relay or you don't get it.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I may well be. How can I tell?

4. Back To Top    #4

Ft Lauderdale, Florida

gordp, there will be a rectangular black relay to the right side of the unit. They do NOT come with the system, and must be ordered with the unit. Please contact the dealer you purchased it from and have them order one for you. Please provide your serial number to them too.
    Sean Assam -
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators