Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Air bubbles inside liquidator

1. Back To Top    #1

Air bubbles inside liquidator

I have a lot of air bubbles inside the Liquidator by the "in valve". Anyone know what could be causing that?
    25k Gallon Gunite Inground Pool
    Pentair FNS PLUS DE filter
    Pentair WhisperFlo WF-24 (seems like single speed)
    Chlorine
    Bel Air, MD 21015

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Air bubbles inside liquidator

Also this may sound like a stupid question but, since my Liquidator is not running 100% now, can I just run a tube from the incoming / outgoing and remove the check valve so my filter can still run but bypass the liquidator?
    Chlorine
    Bel Air, MD 21015

3. Back To Top    #3

Actually I should keep the check valve in but keep the arrow going towards the "out area" by the skimmer basket correct? If I wanted to bypass the Liquidator till I find whats wrong with the air bubbles.
    Chlorine
    Bel Air, MD 21015

4. Back To Top    #4

To bypass you could:
    Keep LQ hooked up but close off the LQ with the flow regulator turn all the way off.
    bypass LQ by hooking a tube from the outflow directly into the inflow
    bypass LQ by hooking a tube from the outflow directly into the inflow with the flow regulator valve in the loop and closed off.

As an FYI if you LQ is above water level I would try removing the check valves. They are just one more area where you can have leaking issues and you will also get a better flow without them.
    6000 gal inground fiberglass
    1.5hp pump / sand filter
    Liquidator

5. Back To Top    #5

I can just run a tube from the pipes where the little black connector is sticking out correct on both points correct?
    Chlorine
    Bel Air, MD 21015

6. Back To Top    #6

Also, can I buy this tubing in say Home depot if i want a little longer tubing? If so, what kind of tubing do I need to buy?
    Chlorine
    Bel Air, MD 21015

7. Back To Top    #7

Also I lost the little black ball and the cap from my flow meter so i took that out temporarily. Since taking that out, that wouldn't cause the air bubbles correct? Also, can I get a replacement flo meter for the liquidator easily? Is there a warranty on the parts?
    Chlorine
    Bel Air, MD 21015

8. Back To Top    #8

I think I found the tubing. It it 3/8 tubing?
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Watts-3-8-in ... ZoU8pztt2s
    Chlorine
    Bel Air, MD 21015

9. Back To Top    #9

In the beginning I had lots of small air bubbles in mine too, I assume from filling. After a few days these should dissipate with very few bubbles in the liquidator. If you see air bubbles in the tubing try to determine which connection is leaking. Any air leaking into your system should be on the OUT side of the liquidator because this side is under vacuum. The IN side is under pressure so any leaks there would show up as a drip. Hope this helps.
    18,500 Gal. 27 ft AG Vinyl - Hayward Pump with Cooper 21" Sand Filter - GO VOLS!

10. Back To Top    #10

My air bubbles are actually inside the Liquidator unit right where the big purple plastic thing is.. On the "in side"
    Chlorine
    Bel Air, MD 21015

11. Back To Top    #11

If the bubbles are tiny and attached to the side wall or fittings, they are probably due to out-gassing. As a liquid warms, it can release dissolved air back to the environment.

If the bubbles are coming from the valve and making their way to the surface, that is a different problem and probably due to a suction side air leak.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

12. Back To Top    #12

Here is a video of the bubbles inside the liquidator, and it seems like there are a lot of bubbles coming out of my return jets to on top of the water, more than usual..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W2wPX_h9cc
    Chlorine
    Bel Air, MD 21015

13. Back To Top    #13

That is most certainly an air leak on the suction side of the plumbing. It is forcing air into the return side and into the liquidator as well as the returns. You can see the air pouring into the pump basket which should not contain air. It could be from the other side of the liquidator which injects into the suction side of the pump. Make sure there are no air leaks in that line.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

14. Back To Top    #14

so you think it could be the connections on the other side of the liquidator, where it connects by the pump basket? Should I get new tubing? Take out the check valve since I am higher than water level?
    Chlorine
    Bel Air, MD 21015

15. Back To Top    #15

ok just ran a tube to bypass the liquidator, and I confirmed that the bubbles stop coming up from the return jets. so it is def a leak in the liquidator somewhere..
    Chlorine
    Bel Air, MD 21015

16. Back To Top    #16

Just check all of your connections on the out side of the liquidator and make sure the tubing is seated good in each fitting. Look at your tubing too. If it is cut at an angle it may not seat good. Try to square the tubing off if you can. When you seat the tubing into the fittings push and twist the tubing back and forth until it won't go in any further.
    18,500 Gal. 27 ft AG Vinyl - Hayward Pump with Cooper 21" Sand Filter - GO VOLS!

17. Back To Top    #17

Can you shoot another short video of the OUT side to wherever you connected it? You should see the bubbles entering the tubing and be able to locate which connection it is.

18. Back To Top    #18

Yes will do later today. Would love to finally figure this out, for now I am bypassing the Liquidator.
    Chlorine
    Bel Air, MD 21015

19. Back To Top    #19

Get new tubing and remove the check valves. Put pipe dope on the barb connections before reconnecting them.
    6000 gal inground fiberglass
    1.5hp pump / sand filter
    Liquidator

20. Back To Top    #20

I fixed the problem. I got new tubing and that seemed to solve the problem. Thanks everyone!
    Chlorine
    Bel Air, MD 21015