Time to call Wilbar. 3 hole washer is wrong for oval pool

Mar 14, 2013
I'm cruising along with my pool install and found an issue just beginning the assembly. The first picture is the gusset. The second picture is the gusset with the only place the three hole washer can fit (I know this by how the holes in the other supports align). Apparently, I have the wrong washer or gusset. I can make this work but modifying the washer but wanted to see if anyone recognizes this.

Anyone with a oval Wilbar pool have this issue the buttress free support?
Does anyone have this type of pool with only two holes at the bottom of the upright support, like my gusset? All the instructions and videos I've viewed have a three hole washer.

Attachments

• IMG_20130519_163703.jpg
    IMG_20130519_163703.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20130519_163646.jpg
    IMG_20130519_163646.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 84
Re: Time to call Wilbar. 3 hole washer is wrong for oval po

Here is a picture from shadebuilder showing the correct placement of the 3 hole washer. Looks like my gussets are different.

oval-pool-3.jpg

Updating for a data point. Hopefully this could help someone else someday.

I called the dealer who sold me the pool and apparently if your pool is in the Artesian line up then you don't use the 3 hole washer. There is no mention of this anywhere in the docs, videos or on-line that I could find. It wouldn't have been an issue if the instructions didn't say failing to use the 3 hole washer will lead to pool failure.

Special thanks to poolsupplylimited.com where I bought the pool. They called Wilbar and had my answer in a few hours. Great customer service. I tried to call Wilbar only to get continuous voice mail.

The instructions on these new pools are hideous IMO. Good luck with your install and post lots of pics please! :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.