Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: UGGGGH Unlevel inflatable..... what should I do now?

1. Back To Top    #1

UGGGGH Unlevel inflatable..... what should I do now?

So levelling the ground is not as easy as it sounds. We did it with soil & then sand on top and tried to pack it down but obviously not successfully as it is sloping to one side. Now the pool is 3/4 of the way full and of course the side that has the slope is the drain plug side and it is completely buried and the pool wall won't budge.

I have never filled this type of pool before but I am pretty sure if I continue filling it that the water is going to come flowing over that low side. Being as I cannot get to the buried drain plug, any suggestions where to go from here?
    3,754 gallons of water at 80% capacity, AG Inflatable Intex Pool, Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump 120 volt with 3,785 L/ph flow rate (1,000 gph), Intex Filter Cartridge Type A, Brand new not yet set up pool

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: UGGGGH Unlevel inflatable..... what should I do now?

siphon the water out and then start over.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

how do i siphon the water out? with the pump?
    3,754 gallons of water at 80% capacity, AG Inflatable Intex Pool, Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump 120 volt with 3,785 L/ph flow rate (1,000 gph), Intex Filter Cartridge Type A, Brand new not yet set up pool

4. Back To Top    #4

If you let the air out of the inflatable ring the sides will go down and the water will flow out over the top.
    You can also use a water hose to siphon out the pool. Completely submerge the hose in the water, then press one end of the hose against your palm to make a seal. Keep one end of the hose completely submerged while lowering the sealed end over the side on the pool and down to the ground. When the sealed end is on the ground remove your hand. This should create a vacuum and siphon the water out of the pool. You may have to try it a couple of times to get it to work.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

awesome!! thank you so much