Aqua rite display salt reading

May 19, 2013
I have an aqua rite display . Both the salt display and the instant salinity show 5600 . I had the water tested at my pool place and they showed 3400. The system is operating fine and generating chlorine which I would not think would be the case if the salt was at 5600. Not sure what the issue is but one note is the water is 65 degrees . All other readings on screen seem fine . Any ideas ?

Welcome to TFP!

That is strange. The AquaRite units will normally shut down when salt goes over 4200.

Has it been reading around 5600 for more than 24 hours? Sometimes it does strange things when first turned on, but the salt reading is supposed to settle down after 24 hours.

It has been close to 3 days. I turned the pool heater on as the water was cold . Reading is still 5600 but instant salinity has dropped to 5200 . Unit has been operating the entire time and has been generating chlorine as I have tested for that. Again, when I had the water tested at my pool place they showed salt in the low 3's.

I had something similar happen to me and I had to call Aquarite to get it straightened out.

When I started the pool up last year, I was getting really high salt readings and as a result the system would not generate chlorine. After calling Aquarite, they walked me through the control panel settings and figured out that the control unit was not set for a t15 cell (I don't know how it changed). The system will generate different salt readings if there is a mismatch between the cell you are using and what is programmed into the control unit. I'm not sure why it would make a difference in a salt reading, but it does. That said, once the control unit was set back to a T15 cell, the readings were in line with what I was measuring and what the pool store came up with. Everything worked fine after that.

I would recommend calling Aquarite, if you can't get it resolved.

Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.