Hello All, My name is Ashlee.

After 2 years of trying to wing it myself, having 2 years of a filthy pool at end of season, trusting the pool store/hth instruction, spending loads of money on necessary chemicals, and testing with only lousy test strips... I have decided to start anew with a new Intex pool & educate myself before making the same mistakes again.

So glad I found this forum! There is tons of useful information & I am learning so much!

Does anyone know if there is some sort of an Intex type pool start up page or something? Something that will tell me the initial chemicals I should be adding to my pool for the first time upon fill? To get the Chlorine & Stabilizer up etc. I have only the 3 way test kit for now (will have the 6 way soon). So I am mostly looking for generic fill info that will get me by a week or two until my 6 way test kit arrives.

Thanks for any pointing in the right direction.

file.php

pool-school/temporary_pool_guide

Makibree'sMommy said:
thanks again richard. when it says calculate with pool cal. to get your chlorine to 6ppm how will i know once i have added the chlorine and test the water when my test tube goes up to 3.0 for chlorine? am i missing something?
You are somewhat hindered by the test kit situation in Canuckistan. I'm not sure what to tell you there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support