Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newbie :)

1. Back To Top    #1

Newbie :)

Hello All, My name is Ashlee.

After 2 years of trying to wing it myself, having 2 years of a filthy pool at end of season, trusting the pool store/hth instruction, spending loads of money on necessary chemicals, and testing with only lousy test strips... I have decided to start anew with a new Intex pool & educate myself before making the same mistakes again.

So glad I found this forum! There is tons of useful information & I am learning so much!

Does anyone know if there is some sort of an Intex type pool start up page or something? Something that will tell me the initial chemicals I should be adding to my pool for the first time upon fill? To get the Chlorine & Stabilizer up etc. I have only the 3 way test kit for now (will have the 6 way soon). So I am mostly looking for generic fill info that will get me by a week or two until my 6 way test kit arrives.

Thanks for any pointing in the right direction.
    3,754 gallons of water at 80% capacity, AG Inflatable Intex Pool, Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump 120 volt with 3,785 L/ph flow rate (1,000 gph), Intex Filter Cartridge Type A, Brand new not yet set up pool

2. Back To Top    #2
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Newbie :)

thanks again richard. when it says calculate with pool cal. to get your chlorine to 6ppm how will i know once i have added the chlorine and test the water when my test tube goes up to 3.0 for chlorine? am i missing something?
    3,754 gallons of water at 80% capacity, AG Inflatable Intex Pool, Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump 120 volt with 3,785 L/ph flow rate (1,000 gph), Intex Filter Cartridge Type A, Brand new not yet set up pool

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Makibree'sMommy
    thanks again richard. when it says calculate with pool cal. to get your chlorine to 6ppm how will i know once i have added the chlorine and test the water when my test tube goes up to 3.0 for chlorine? am i missing something?
    You are somewhat hindered by the test kit situation in Canuckistan. I'm not sure what to tell you there.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

You can get yourself a Taylor K-2006 here:

http://piscines-apollo.com/cubecart/tes ... -2006.html

Unfortunately, it costs more there. You also cannot get a TF-100 there. That place is pretty much your only option that I know of.

6. Back To Top    #6

thanks

7. Back To Top    #7

anyone know what the speedstir option means and if i need it when purchasing?

8. Back To Top    #8

Speedster is a base unit and a magnetic capsule you drop in the test tube. When you put the test tube on top of the base, it stirs it automagically. It works better than swirling between drops.
    19204 Gallon L Shape with a 10X10 2nd Step Baja Ledge. Intellichlor IC-40, IntellipH, Cartridge Filter, Pentair Heater/Chiller (Heat Pump). Tons of Deck with Deck Jets. Construction Complete 6/5/17.

"If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"

9. Back To Top    #9

The speedstir is the coolest thing for testing water. No one who has one regrets it. Skip to 44 seconds.
    [youtube:2p8wjz3d]CyN5rS-WKSc[/youtube:2p8wjz3d]

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    The speedstir is the coolest thing for testing water. No one who has one regrets it. Skip to 44 seconds.
    [youtube:r0cuzmum]CyN5rS-WKSc[/youtube:r0cuzmum]
    You got that right Richard! Absolutely love it.
    17,500 gal. ABG Doughboy Pool
    1/2 HP Pump/150 sq.ft. Cartridge Filter
    TF100 Test Kit And Speedstir