Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: hth stabilizer & conditioner? same as cya?

1. Back To Top    #1

hth stabilizer & conditioner? same as cya?

We seem to have issues in this area, getting CYA as a product alone (wo anything else in)

Does anyone know whether this can be used and how much to use how this is pkgd?
    It was from local Walmart
    hth Stabilizer & Conditioner
    Ingredients:
    cyanuric acid 108-80-5
    sulfuric acid 7664-93-9
    water 7732-18-5
    (this was taked off the label-husband and I were on the ph, I typed )

Not sure what the sulfuric acid would do added in?

anyone?
    "VegMaPa" in the Midwest - a "NEWBIE"-opened pool July 2012
    AG Silverstone 24' Round x 52" -13,500GAL VINYL -ABOVE GROUND
    ClearWater Cartridge Filter CW65XL100SDBH (or is it W90, W120?) -Vortex XL150S 1.5HP Pump
    Hayward LP Gas Heater H150 .....LOVE TFP, crystal clear pool going on our 4th year!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: hth stabilizer & conditioner? same as cya?

Did it list the % of cyanuric acid? If above 95% that is the stuff.

Use poolcalculator to know how much to add.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Sulfuric acid will lower the PH a little. However, there is probably only a very very small percentage of sulfuric acid in there.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

thanks I am going to look myself, my husband didn't see the %'s. Interesting about the PH. I will keep that in mind.

I was thinking since I am just opening-top still on, I might wait to get the pool balanced first before adding the CYA. At first was going to add everything at once since it wasn't going to be used till probably next week. Now I am rethinking that. Thinking it might affect getting the chlorine just right and possibly mess up the calculation of how much to add. Does t hat make sense?
    ClearWater Cartridge Filter CW65XL100SDBH (or is it W90, W120?) -Vortex XL150S 1.5HP Pump
    Hayward LP Gas Heater H150 .....LOVE TFP, crystal clear pool going on our 4th year!

5. Back To Top    #5

I would start getting the CYA in there now. It takes time to show up on a test, about a week.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

6. Back To Top    #6

So I don't plug in any cya till it starts to register. Act as if there is none to get my proper bleach amts?

7. Back To Top    #7

No. Shoot for 30 to 40 ppm of cya and assume its there and use cya fc chart for your fc levels. Make sense?

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

8. Back To Top    #8

Makes sense Thanks!

Husband came hm with the stuff. It says 96% cya. He didn't see the fine print earlier. Men