where to buy 5/6 way test kit in canada?

cannot find a place to find 6 way test kit with drops... the tft tests does not ship to canada, none on amazon, hth doesn't sell the 6 way in canada. called my pool store & left a message but wont hear back until tuesday with the long weekend and am not sure they will have anything for me either as a small local store.

any suggestions? live an hour from a small city (travelling to next weekend) but 3 hours from any major/large city.

online purchase would be great :D

No. Do yourself a favor and get the recommended kit. It will actually make learning and understanding easier.

What does your water look like? If you have to follow the shock process, the good test kit will pay for itself in not having to guess or listen to a pool store.

Well, with a fresh fill, your CYA is 0. So if you keep track of everything you add that contains CYA and use the poolcalculator, you can have a pretty decent estimate of the CYA. You can not know anything about the TA.

Having the good kit would actually be less stressful since you would know everything and not have to guess.

Hi Makibree,

Aren't we above the rest (USA) here in Canada... it Tick me off so much, not being able or allow to buy stuffs our neibore are buying or suggesting... I found a HTH 6 way test kit avalable at walmart... but... not at walmart Canada ! heah I'll have a friend from USA bring one kit for me... good luck

Makibree'sMommy said:
cannot find a place to find 6 way test kit with drops... the tft tests does not ship to canada, none on amazon, hth doesn't sell the 6 way in canada. called my pool store & left a message but wont hear back until tuesday with the long weekend and am not sure they will have anything for me either as a small local store.

any suggestions? live an hour from a small city (travelling to next weekend) but 3 hours from any major/large city.

online purchase would be great :D

I just ordered the TF-100 from poolsupplyworld.com. Although they do not ship to Canada, they do ship to US addresses (free shipping!). Here is my suggestion (and I have done this many times in the past). Find the nearest United States UPS store near you and call them up. They will hold packages delivered for a number of days/weeks. Get the TF-100 shipped to that UPS store and cross the border to pick it up once they call you! I hope you live close to the border. If not, you'll need a friend going to the US to bring one back for you.

Speaking of which, who makes the TF-100 kit? Can we not talk to them and get them to distribute in Canada? There are a lot of forum members who are from Canada and follow this sites advice for chemicals. I'm sure they would love to own a TF-100 kit if they could find one in country.

Hope it works out for you.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
frenchie said:
Hi Makibree,

Aren't we above the rest (USA) here in Canada... it **** me off so much, not being able or allow to buy stuffs our neibore are buying or suggesting... I found a HTH 6 way test kit avalable at walmart... but... not at walmart Canada ! heah I'll have a friend from USA bring one kit for me... good luck

I suspect this is more about Taylor than our wonderful provincial or federal gov't.
I inquired here about why they can't ship the TF-100 across the border and I was told it's because Piscines-Apollo has the sole distribution rights in Canada - so I believe that's a Taylor issue.
Piscines-Apollo test kits are expensive but his reagents are priced very well.

Personally I live on the Michigan border and just had a kit shipped to a UPS depot there, saved qutie a bit.

cramar said:
I suspect this is more about Taylor than our wonderful provincial or federal gov't.
I inquired here about why they can't ship the TF-100 across the border and I was told it's because Piscines-Apollo has the sole distribution rights in Canada - so I believe that's a Taylor issue.
Piscines-Apollo test kits are expensive but his reagents are priced very well.
Sorry that's incorrect - Lowry & Associates in Newmarket, Ontario is the exclusive distributor for Canada, not piscines-apollo.com.

So it's a Taylor agreement between themselves and Lowry. Has nothing to do with provincial or federal governments, these kits are considered "consumer products" so even WHMIS doesn't (or shouldn't) apply.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.