I opened my pool on Tuesday and the water was black. I did the usual winterizing of the pool and closed the pool properly at the end of last summer. Since Tuesday, I am having trouble with getting the pool cleared up. The pool is no longer black, more like a light green, and very cloudy. Here are my test results.
CL/BR: Sky high, the color of the water in the test tube is orange, instead of yellow. Have not shocked the pool in two days.
I am not exactly sure what to do from here due to the sky high levels of chlorine. I can smell the chlorine when I walk near the pool. I have not added any chemicals to the pool in two days. Any advice?