Newbie with algae and no filter!!!

May 22, 2012
Soooo.....my sand filter needs a new lateral assembly, which I've ordered. This morning I went out to check on things and the water is neon green. I've learned on here how to treat algae, so I'm confident I can get rid of it. My questions are ....can I start bringing up the pool to shock level without a filter? Is there anything special I need to know about trying this in these circumstances?

I have been testing the water because I added bleach as soon as the cover came off.
Here's last night's results...
FC- 3
CC - 0
Ph - 7.6
TA - 80
Calcium - don't check
CYA - 35

I know I need an OCLT....should I do this tonight?

Do not waste your chemistry (although I LOVE refill orders and will ship quickly :mrgreen: ) on an OCLT until your shock process is complete.

Without the filter, I would simply bite the bullet and ignore your pool's condition until you can begin to filter. Killing the algae but not cleaning it out of the pool may be very frustrating to you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.